Here are some tips on how to keep your hair healthy this summer -
- Avoid Wax’s and Gel’s - When you add product to your hair on a hot day you're just adding chemicals that will not only dry your hair but they will add more layers to your hair working like insulation. On those hot days, try to use product as sparingly as possible for better results.
- Trim your hair - The recommended amount of time you're meant to wait between getting your hair cut is between 10-12 weeks, depending on your hair type, tone, length and thickness. However, when it comes to the summer months you will need to change this to a cut every 2 months. This is because in the summer you are more prone to split ends so getting your hair cut every 6-8 weeks allows you to cut your chances of brittle hair breakages and eliminates the worry of split ends.
- Wash more often - The best way to maintain a nourished scalp is simply by washing, shampooing and conditioning a little more through the summer period. Giving your hair that little boost of moisture can go a long way into helping you maintain a healthy and flake free scalp.
- Cover up the hair - If the sun is particularly harsh, or if your hair is particularly vulnerable, there’s no shame in using a scarf or hat to shield the hair, it can help keep your hair healthy.
- Deep Condition – As the hot air and direct sunlight reaches your hair, it can cause the hair to dry, brittle and weak. Using a shampoo and conditioner at least twice a week will help keep the moisture in your hair.
- Avoid Heat - The sun is already putting too much heat on your hair, so avoid the additional heat as much as you can.
The high humidity content in the atmosphere settles on your hair, weighing it down and therefore resulting in limp hair. Sweat and dust contributed by the summer months increases hair problems like dandruff, split ends, frizziness and increased hair fall. Summers can be harsh on your scalp too, causing dryness and sunburn. To help keep your hair healthy, make sure you follow these tips to ensure your hair is not damaged by the summer sun.
If you have hair on your head, you’ve most likely wondered how you can get it looking thick and feeling healthy. Think of your body – you feed...