This is a non-surgical solution that minimizes the appearance of baldness and hair loss. While similar to traditional tattooing, Scalp Micropigmentation is also unique in a variety of ways. SMP involves the use of highly specialized equipment and techniques to inject pigment into the scalp. Scalp Micropigmentation is an extremely intricate procedure with a guaranteed result. The permanent tattoo replicates the look of hair follicles by implanting pigment into the dermal layer of the skin to give a natural looking result. The treatment can be used to recreate hairlines, add density to thinning hair and camouflage scars.
Scalp Micropigmentation creates a ‘buzz cut look’ which is becoming more and more fashionable. At a fraction of the cost, it can be a great alternative to a hair transplant; it gives instant results with no scaring or need for medication to maintain the results.
The process –
- Your initial consultation appointment is first. Consultations can be done in-person, over the phone, or over video chat via Skype, FaceTime, etc, in order to gain an understanding of what results you want to achieve from your treatment. Experts will guide you through the process and help you decide which style is best for you.
- Next, treatment begins. This initial session is to lay the foundation of your new look. After the first treatment, your scalp will be a little red, but within a single day this typically returns to normal.
- The second treatment allows the experts to fill in more detail and go a shade darker than the initial session. This session is where your treatment really comes to life, and the new look is perfected.
- Occasionally, but not always, a third procedure may take place. Third treatments are typically done by the request of the client, if they would like to go even darker.
The range of Scalp Micropigmentation options –
- Soft Hairline and Widowed Peak – Many people want their current hairline lowered, replenishing where it has receded over time, and giving the appearance of fuller hair and a clean hairline. They follow the natural hairline by layering the impressions, thus giving the realistic appearance of hair with no hard line.
- Adding Density to Thinning Hair – Men and women of all ages have found Scalp Micropigmentation as their solution to cover or fill in thinning hair. Thinning can result in a wide, undesirable scalp area showing through the hair. Typically, the person will have an even coverage across the scalp, but the density drops as the hair loss progresses. Scalp Micropigmentation replaces the lost density, resulting in the appearance of an even, full head of hair.
- The Permanent Edge Up – With this particular procedure, it is very important to begin conservatively with the hairline. There is a lot of preparation required before starting to create the hairline and a side temple area first. Experts carefully match the colour and density precisely during these procedures to create the illusion of a head full of hair with a sharp hairline, in addition to a robust and youthful edge-up.